Melbourne CBD Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Melbourne CBD Community Directory!
We are developing cbd.melbourne.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Melbourne CBD for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Melbourne CBD?
Melbourne CBD Community
In the bustling city of Melbourne CBD in Victoria, Australia, there are numerous community groups that aim to serve their members and make a difference in their local communities. These organisations offer a range of benefits to their members, including access to resources, networking opportunities, education and training, and advocacy. Here, we will outline some of the best community groups in the Melbourne CBD region, categorised by their focus area.
Arts and Culture:
- The Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) - This organisation is the national museum of film, television, video games, digital culture and art. ACMI offers a range of exhibitions, screenings, and education programs to promote cinema and screen media in Australia and provide a platform for local artists to showcase their work. Located at Federation Square, ACMI also has a range of facilities for events and functions. Contact: +61 3 8663 2200
- The Centre for Contemporary Photography (CCP) - The CCP is a non-profit organisation that supports contemporary photography and photographers. This community group offers exhibitions, events, workshops, and artist talks that inspire and educate photographers and enthusiasts. CCP also provides grants, mentorship, and residency opportunities for emerging photographers. Contact: +61 3 9417 1549
Community and Social Services:
- The Brotherhood of St Laurence - The Brotherhood of St Laurence is a community organisation that aims to alleviate poverty and social disadvantage in Australia. They offer a range of services, including employment services, aged care, education and training, and community development programs. The Brotherhood also advocates for policy changes that address social inequality. Contact: +61 3 9483 1183
- The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) - The ASRC is a non-profit organisation that supports asylum seekers and refugees in Australia. Through their community programs, legal aid, and advocacy efforts, the ASRC aims to help refugees overcome the challenges they face in Australia. They also provide material aid, such as food, clothing, and housing assistance. Contact: +61 3 9326 6066
- The Wilderness Society - The Wilderness Society is a non-profit environmental advocacy organisation that aims to protect Australia's wilderness and wildlife. Their work includes campaigning for the conservation of forests, oceans, and wildlife habitats, as well as promoting sustainable living. The Wilderness Society also offers volunteer opportunities, education programs, and fundraising events. Contact: +61 3 9016 7590
- The Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) - The ACF is a non-profit environmental organisation that works to protect Australia's natural environment. They advocate for sustainable practices and policies in areas such as climate change, oceans and coastlines, and land use. The ACF also offers research, education, and engagement programs to support their work. Contact: +61 3 9345 1111
Entrepreneurship and Business:
- The Melbourne Accelerator Program (MAP) - The MAP is a startup accelerator program that supports early-stage entrepreneurs and startups in Melbourne with training, mentorship, and access to resources. MAP offers a range of programs and events, including an annual accelerator program, a pre-accelerator program, and networking events. Contact: +61 3 9035 9260
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry - The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry represents businesses in Victoria and provides services and support to entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes. Their services include business advice, training and events, advocacy, and export support. They also offer a range of resources, such as guides and templates, to help businesses grow. Contact: +61 3 8662 5333
Education and Youth:
- The Smith Family - The Smith Family is a non-profit organisation that supports disadvantaged children and young people in Australia with education and mentoring programs. They provide financial support, learning support, and mentoring services to help children and youth succeed in their education and overcome socio-economic barriers. The Smith Family also offers volunteering opportunities for individuals and corporate groups. Contact: 1800 024 069
- The Emerging Writers Festival - The Emerging Writers Festival is a non-profit organisation that supports emerging writers and literary culture in Australia. They offer writing workshops, networking events, and showcase opportunities for new and diverse voices in literature. The Emerging Writers Festival also publishes a digital magazine and runs a podcast series on writing and publishing. Contact: +61 3 9094 7888
Melbourne CBD has a vibrant community of organisations that cater to a wide range of interests and causes. From arts and culture to environmental conservation, entrepreneurship, and education, there is something for everyone. These community groups offer valuable benefits to their members, including access to resources and networking opportunities, education and training, and advocacy, making a significant impact on their local communities.
Melbourne CBD Community Articles